Have you ever heard of a product that sets your eye color and foundation/powder for hours? This type of product is called a make-up setting spray. What is a make-up setting spray? It is a beauty product that seals your make-up for hours. Thus, giving your face a healthy glow and a matte finish. Perfect isn’t it?! The kikay mom never uses this until she discovered Model in a Bottle Make-up Setting Spray from Marlena, CEO and writer for Makeupgeek.com.
Several brands produce the same type of products, such as Mac, Urban Decay, Motives, and Graftobian. These brands are locally available which you can purchase from bazaaristas and multiply sellers (except for Mac). Although I can purchase a finishing spray from multiply, I opted to choose a brand that is not available within our shores, that is, Model in a Bottle Make-up Setting Spray. This brand stood out among my choices because it already had 2 TV appearances (Tyra Banks Show and Oprah Winfrey show). Plus, there’s a video on the site that shows how effective the product is.
Despite the fact that it’s not available in the Philippines, I was still able to get one for myself. How? Well, thanks to my friend whose relatives live in US hehe!
Model in a Bottle Make-up Setting Spray
Price: approximately Php1,600 – Php2,000
Where to purchase: www.modelinabottle.com or from Kikaymomtrepreneur (hehe)
How Jill Stephens (creator of Model in a Bottle) describes it
- Holds foundation and eye make-up in place throughout the day and night
- Works with any type of eyeshadow (cream, mineral, powder, gel, liquid)
- Comes out in a really fine mist
- No more touch-ups
- Sits on the outside layer of the skin because of its’ big molecules, thus will not clog pores
How to apply:
- Apply it as soon after mascara has dried up
- Close your eyes
- Hold the bottle at least 12 inches away from your face
- Spritz it on
- Wait for 30 seconds before opening your eyes
or for Full Strength Application
- Spray it on the palm of your hands
- Rub your hands together
- Pat it on your cheeks
What kikaymomtrepreneur thinks:
Let the photos speak 😉 No touch-ups!! Promise!
Overall, though I don’t like its’ strong scent, this product is perfect for special occasions and night-outs!